Thursday, February 6, 2014

Mysterious

                      
My New Year’s resolution was to get back to journaling. Oh, it is hard these days to spend time with the Lord and then reflect. Life seems so chaotic and I can barely keep up. Bryan and I both reminisce about those weekends long ago that we had time to rest and extended quiet times. Don’t get me wrong, I wouldn’t change having our baby for anything. She is an absolute joy and every day I am thankful for her sweet smile. But, we are tired!

I cannot believe Sadie Grace is 9 months old. Everyone is enjoying her so much these days. The older boys always bring up those first few months, “Remember when she used to cry all the time? Remember when it used to take an hour to feed her?” Now they say, “she’s so happy  and cute!” Whew, I don’t miss those first few months. They were intense. I have to say SG is easy as pie these days. She is just like Bryan, easy going, smiley and just plain sweet. I’m a lucky woman!
   
2014 has really started with a bang. Each of our schedules has busied quite a bit. Our jobs have become intense, school and basketball season is in full swing, Tyler is learning to read in Kindergarten and baby girl has started to crawl and is about to pulling up. SLOW DOWN LIFE!

In the midst of all these busy activities, I still cannot help but to miss my sweet Mer. There have been times when she feels so distant. It’s been almost 6 years since I saw her. But, whenever I panic about forgetting her, God always brings her back to me. Sometimes is a subtle memory, like when I put Sadie Grace in one of Mer’s hats and I have a vivid memory of her. Other times, it comes in the form of communicating with a bereaved parent who desperately needs some encouragement to keep living. As you can imagine, these flashbacks hurt sometimes while other times they give me bursts of joy.


I just read my post from January 2013 and I was intrigued that God has given me the same concept to ponder one year later.   

Colossians 2:2-3 says, That their hearts might be comforted, being knit together in love, and unto all riches of the full assurance of understanding, to the acknowledgement of the mystery of God, and of the Father, and of Christ;  In whom are hid all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.” 

I think we all try to understand what God does or doesn’t do in our lives. It’s often times very hard to accept disappointments. But, this verse reminds me that there will always be some mystery to God’s plan. Some things our minds will just never fully comprehend. However, when we go through these events that just don’t make sense, there is comfort and love available to us. And, I truly believe that over time He does reveal treasures of wisdom and knowledge that can bring peace to our souls. 

Just some cute pics of the kiddos:

No comments: