Wednesday, April 17, 2013

God is Love


God is Love (1 John 4:8, NIV)

I am just in awe over how much love I feel right now. The last few days, your letters, e-mails and calls have catapulted me out of such sadness. I can honestly say that this is the fastest I have ever bounced back from an anniversary.

Sunday was hard. I felt so overwhelmed with sadness and it was a long day. I was fortunate to be surrounded by my family. My parents and Aunt Joyce came down to be with me, which was special. My Aunt and mom were in the room when Meredith went into Eternity. Joyce helped us through the stages and changes in Meredith’s last hours. I was so blessed to have nurse, friend, Aunt and strong believer to guide me through those moments. She’s also been through my side for everything else too. It meant so much to have her with me. In addition, I got so many lovely notes from my dearest friends. I am so lucky to have so many people remember my baby girl’s life. One of a bereaved parent’s biggest fears is that their child will be forgotten. But, Mer lives on in the heart of so many. What a special little girl.

I was talking to my grandma, Mama 2, yesterday on her birthday and she was telling me how loved she felt at 90.  She kept talking about how her family and friends have shown her so much love and care through the years and her overwhelming feeling on her 90th birthday was love. It made me really think about my own life as well. I’ve gone through times when I did not feel like God heard me or loved me, but those feelings were always short lived. Why? Because He has put so much love around me that I could never fully convince myself that He didn’t care.  There are so many people I love and that love me too.  
After my talk with Mama 2, I gave a presentation at work about all the ministries I run. Once again, my report was all about how people’s lives were being transformed because someone stopped and loved them. So, my day was consumed with reminders of God’s love that were intertwined with everything I am doing in my life.

What a simple message and one that I don’t often focus on—that God is love.  I’m thankful that even though this reminder came through feeling pain and disappointment, that it overpowered those feelings quickly.

Well, word from the doctor this morning is to be ready for baby girl #2. She is in position, and doing her thing to make an entrance into the world. I gotta get home and pack my bag, Bryan’s bag and Baby Mull’s bag. More love is coming my way… 

No comments: